Sunday, July 27, 2008

Love/Hate relationship




Have you ever made something that was so challenging that you had a love /hate relationship with it? Well that's the case with this necklace. I am glad I finished it because I like how it turned out.

The reason this was difficult is that I am a design as I go kind of creator instead of a pattern follower. Usually that works well for me but not this time. I redid the beading several times before I got it to a point where I could put it down.

The diamond shaped focal I made with polymer clay using one of the awesome canes I got in trade with Nat from Belgium and the seed beads I got at the Chicago bead show a couple of months ago.

I am working on some earrings to go will them and I have one done and it worked up so much quicker and easier the the pendant thank God.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Ginger, You have a really nice blog also. Thanks for asking for a link. It's on my site now. Have a great evening.

Ginger said...

Thank you I will add your link......

PolymerClayTutor said...

It turned out awesome! Aren't you glad you worked your way through it?! Love the shape of it! ~Cindy Lietz

Ginger said...

Thank you Cindy. I am happy with it and it's very comfortable to wear.

Kathi said...

that cane is awesome Ginger! I would wear it in a heart beat and I don't wear "girly" stuff.