Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chicago Bead Show






Well I had a great time at the bead show this past week end. I saw so many beautiful beads it was hard to choose. I decided to concentrate on gemstones because they seemed to be the best value at this show.

I am posting some photos of the ones I like best of the gem stones I bought. I love the tear dropped shaped ones. I made a wire wrapped bracelet and a pair of earrings from some of the earth toned ones I will post the photos of the set I made tomorrow.

I was good about not spending to much at the show and for the most part I was good but I did make one splurge. I bought a pair of hand made dolphin shaped beads they are beautiful. They are made in blue tones with dicroic glass accents. They were really expensive but I had to have them. I think they will make a beautiful pair of earrings. I will post them with the jewelry I made today.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh my goodness! Can I come over to play with your beads?

The bead show here is not till June! And I bet my budget will be small too *sniff*.

Last year, at a big festival, I bought someones lampworked turtle beads. Very expensive but absolutely perfect. They are still on the shelf in my room though.

Ginger said...

Sure Elaine come on over and I will put on the coffee...

I have a feeling I will be keeping the dolphins for a long time too. I wish I could have afforded to get the seahorse ones he had , I am going to save a little money and order them from him maybe.

Mei Tan said...

Those are lovely gemstones. I can't resist buying as well if I see some nice ones.
Mei

Ginger said...

Thank you Mei; I love pretty stone too...