Monday, September 21, 2009

Victorian Poinsettia Brooches





I have always liked Victorian styled things around the holidays. I think these 2 brooches have a Victorian look to them.

When I started making them the other day I had intended for them to be pendants on necklaces. By the time I finished the beading and making the ruffles edges they were way to big for pendants. So.....brooches they became. In the end I think it worked out for the best. I'll take the beads I made for the necklaces and turn them into a bracelet and earrings.

The soft diamond one is my favorite. I like how the champagne beads and black opal seed bead ruffle frame the bezel.

on work table......earrings, earrings and more earrings......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginger, your stuff is so cute! I liked the pen sets too, I just didn't get around to commenting!

Ginger said...

Thanks Mary, these were fun to make. I love beading...

Knightwork Studio said...

They are beautiful Ginger. Perfect for the holidays!
BJ

Anonymous said...

I love these brooches and desire to make some to put on shawls for closures but i can't seem to find the backing for them. any way you can tell me how you made them?